CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY IMPROVEMENT ACT
MASTER GENERAL CONFORMITY CERTIFICATE / FAQ
On August 14, 2008, the President signed into law the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. On November 11, 2008, the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a final ruling regarding the provision of consumer product safety certificates (called General Conformity Certificates) during the initial implementation phase of this Act. Augusta Sportswear® is in full compliance with this law. We have made available to you the General Conformity Certificate and a Frequently Asked Questions form for download. The certificate will cover all products affected by this new law and will be updated as required.
Augusta Sportswear® will always maintain compliance on all levels of the manufacturing process. You can rest assured that we are committed to providing excellence in product quality and customer service and will strive to maintain a high level of corporate responsibility at all times.
Certificate document is in Microsoft Excel format. If you do not have Excel installed on your computer you may download a FREE Excel viewer
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY IMPROVEMENT ACT
- Q: For products I have ordered in the past, are in the catalog or on the website, do I need to have a certificate from Augusta Sportswear?
- A: No. Certificates (called General Conformity Certificates) are NOT required by law under the new Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) for goods manufactured on or before November 12, 2008.
- Q: Do all products Augusta Sportswear sells require certification? If not, how will I know if the product I have in stock or that I order in the future will require one?
- A: No. Not all of our products require certification. To see the CPSC certification status of the product in question, please review the ASI Customer General Conformity Certificate Excel file posted on this page. All styles are listed along with the required CPSC standard to which they are certified. This certificate will be updated as needed so that it reflects the most current certification status of our products.
- Q: I heard that I must get a certificate sent to me either with my order or by fax, mail or email. Is that true?
- A: No. The CPSC has ruled that we are required to make it available to you and may do so by making access to the certificate available on an Internet URL.
- Q: If I have a question that I cannot find the answer to, what should I do?
- A: For the quickest response, we prefer you email us your question to email@example.com . If you prefer to call, please call 1-800-237-6695 to speak to a customer service representative. If they cannot answer your question, they will refer you to a customer service supervisor or manager. In the event they cannot answer your question, they will obtain the answer for you from the ASI Regulatory Compliance Manager.